Monday, January 28, 2013

Words from Laurie Baxter (Granddaughter)

Grandma was a mother figure to me after my mom past away when I was twenty-four. In addition, she was a confidant and a friend. She was one of my staunchest allies. "Who will love me unconditionally, now?," my heart cries out in pain.

Grandma's practicality and ability to cut through the superfluous are two abilities I admired. She was always a great at cutting to the heart of a situation and dispense advice that was very applicable, even if was not the thing I wanted to heart at the moment. "Who will be my guide, now?," my heart howls in grief.

She never wavered in her faith no matter what life through at her. She drew strength from it. The stalwart path she blazed through her spiritual journey was always amazing to me. "Who will show me the right path to walk?," my heart laments.

My heart is broken and bruised. However, it is my soul which is afflicted the most knowing there won't be more memories of her added to my life...

Her death is so new and raw. I feel so very empty.  It is to this end I look back and dig deep. I realize that those things I admired the most in Grandma are in me. The compendium of my memories of her will carry me through my life acting as a plumb-line of the woman I want to be. This is how I will celebrate her life.


No comments:

Post a Comment